By Frank from St. Louis, MO on November 14, 2015
After I connect the gas line to these Empire Vail Premium vent-free natural gas fireplace with remote ready controls (VFP-32-BP30LN), how do I light the logs?
By eFireplaceStore on November 16, 2015
Answer:After the initial gas connection and purging of the gas line, the following steps will need to be followed to light the unit initially:
1. Lower the bottom louvers on the unit and locate the gas control valve. The valve will have a control knob labeled "off", "pilot", and "on". There will also be a rocker switch nearby labeled "off", "on", and "remote". Lastly, locate the push button piezo ignitor button.
2. Rotate the control knob on the gas valve to the "pilot" position. Push in on and hold the control knob, while simultaneously pushing the piezo ignitor.
3. Observe the pilot assembly and look for ignition. Once the pilot is lit, continue to hold the control knob for another 30 seconds.
4. Release the control knob and give the pilot a minute to warm up. After a minute, you can rotate the control knob to the "on" position.
5. Press the rocker switch to the "on" position and the main burner should light.
After these initial steps are completed, you can leave the control knob on the gas valve in the "on" position at all times. If you do not have a wall switch or remote, the rocker switch will be used to control the unit. You can simply turn the switch to "off" anytime you want to shut the unit down.
By Tom from NM on January 4, 2013
How much does this sucker weigh in pounds? Seems like that information is missing from your website and product manual.
By Tyler M. - Fireplace Specialist on January 4, 2013
Answer:The shipping weight of this fireplace is approximately 154 lbs.
By Gretchen from Long Branch, NJ on March 7, 2014
Are the logs that come with this fireplace ceramic?
By Tyler M. - NFI Certified Specialist on March 7, 2014
Answer:Yes, this fireplace includes a 5-piece ceramic fiber log set.
By Jan from St. Louis, MO on January 4, 2014
Does this fireplace include a ceramic brick liner?
By Tyler M. - NFI Certified Specialist on January 6, 2014
Answer:While not included with this fireplace, there are two optional ceramic liner options for this fireplace. You can see both (aged brick and stacked limestone) in the "Accessories" tab of this item page.
By John from Chicago, IL on November 8, 2014
I need a remote control to this fireplace, model VFP-32-BP30LN-1. What would you suggest? Are there different types of remotes?
By Tyler M. on November 10, 2014