|Manufacturer: Hy-C Company|
Part Number: SSC817U
eFireplaceStore Item Number: HYC-SSC817U
The cover is arguably one of the most important parts of the entire chimney system. It keeps water, weather, and unwanted pests out of the chimney. This California style chimney cover features solid craftsman ship. It is made from 100% stainless steel, the hood is 24 gauge steel, the protective mesh is 18 gauge, and the base is made of 16 gauge stainless steel for durability. The cover installs over the roofing tile in such a way that closes any potential openings that would allow rodents in.
- Designed especially for flue tile sizes commonly found in California homes
- Cover is 8 in. x 17 in. outside tile size - fits outside tile dimensions from 7 1/2 in. x 16 1/2 in. to 9 1/4 in. x 18 1/4 in.
- 100% stainless steel
- 24 gauge single piece stainless steel hood featuring scalloped corners and roll formed edges
- 18 gauge 5/8 in. expanded stainless steel mesh fits these cover sizes designed for California homes
- 16 gauge stainless steel base provides added strength
- Slotted hex-head stainless steel mounting bolts
- Outside mounting creates more free air space for a better draft
- The expanded metal mesh is turned inward at the base so the cover rests firmly on the tile and closes any openings around the tile
- Weighs approximately 9 lbs.
- Limited lifetime warranty
How to Properly Measure Your Chimney for a Chimney Cap
Chimney Cap Buying Guide