Free shipping
Low Price
View Cart

    Fireplace Facing and Surround

    Does your fireplace insert have an inadequate surround? Perhaps the fireplace insert that you have has a mediocre facing. This section provides everything you need to give your fireplace a facelift. You do not have to settle for a second-rate appearance. Search through our extensive collection of fireplace frames and fireplace fronts. We have outer frames and metal fronts that will enhance your fireplace insert. Scroll through some of our bestselling vented gas fireplace inserts. We have so many to choose from!
    Ask & Answer
    Ask a Specialist
    16 Questions & 16 Answers
    David S
    from Somerdale, NJ asked:
    January 16, 2018
    I would like a simple fireplace surround. Width of opening is 34.5" and height is 28.5", do you have anything I can use?
    1 Answer
    Our surrounds are model specific and we will not have anything that precise. We would recommend you have something locally fabricated for the best fit.
    on January 16, 2018

    from Glade Valley, NC asked:
    November 28, 2017
    I have built a indoor fireplace , stick built , covered inside and out with durarock board.i will be installing a ventless gas log set .what is the best thing to install over the durarock inside the firebox
    1 Answer
    Perhaps you would consider decorative firebox panels inside the fireplace. Please see the following links: One 24"h x 28"w Panel Two 24" h x 40"w Panels These panels are about 1" thick and can be cut down to the size you need with a masonry blade or tile saw. They are suitable for use as side, rear and floor panels inside any manufactured woodburning fireplace.
    Tyler M.
    on November 28, 2017

    from Keller, TX asked:
    September 21, 2017
    What's the difference between a fireplace front and a fireplace frame?
    1 Answer
    Generally speaking, a fireplace front will cover some of the firebox facing while a fireplace frame or surround will cover any gaps left during the finishing phase of installation. Please note that all of the frames and surrounds offered on our site will be manufacturer and model-specific to the fireplaces we also advertise on our site and would only work if you currently own one of these models.
    Will M.
    on September 22, 2017

    from Berkeley, CA asked:
    September 7, 2017
    How do I actually attach the surround to the wall? I am trying to make a fake fireplace and there is not a gas fireplace inset or furnace inside my current wood burning fireplace. May I use liquid nails to "stick the surround to the wall?" Thank you.
    1 Answer
    You might want to use a RTV silicone, in case you ever decide to use the fireplace again.
    on September 7, 2017

    from Dallas, TX asked:
    May 20, 2017
    I have a 29 inch wide by 23 inch tall marble wood burning fireplace. I am looking for a facing surround for this size.
    1 Answer
    Unfortunately, the facings and surrounds advertised on our website are specific to certain fireplaces we also offer and will not be universal. I recommend having something fabricated locally.
    Will M.
    on May 22, 2017

    from CA asked:
    May 9, 2017
    I have a 24" X 36" fireplace and am looking for a decorative trim in satin nickle.
    1 Answer
    We only offer decorative trim and optional surrounds for the manufactured fireplaces that we also offer.
    Will M.
    on May 9, 2017

    from Hood River, OR asked:
    April 26, 2017
    I have a Travis Industries 2001 DVS fireplace insert with an Avalon Salish Bay DVS face on the front of it. I would like to remove the Salish Bay face and replace it with a flat plain flush face. Less decorative is better; I want a modern look. Pictures are attached. I can provide dimensions. The glass in the insert is 24" x 12" and I would like as much of that as possible to be visible. Do you have something that would work, or can you direct me to someplace that might be able to help me? Thank you.
    1 Answer
    You would have to contact Travis industries or one of their dealers as we do not sell parts for Travis Fireplaces.
    on April 27, 2017

    from El Paso, TX asked:
    March 28, 2017
    I'm trying to use reclaimed wood as a surround, however, the builder insisted I use tile to create a 12" spacing between the wood and the gas fireplace. What can I use instead of the tile?
    1 Answer
    The other option would be to use a metal surround.
    on March 28, 2017

    from NC asked:
    February 21, 2017
    I'm looking for adjustable or custom fireplace trim kits. My opening is 23 inches wide by 28 inches high, depth 8 inches in back. Is there anything that would work?
    1 Answer
    Sorry, there is nothing that small.
    on February 21, 2017

    from Cranberry Township, PA asked:
    February 11, 2017
    We have a Majestic Direct Vent gas fireplace and would like to update the look. The Model is G336N and it's about 20 years old (approximately 36 inches x 41 inches). Do you have parts to replace the front: surround, facing, glass, etc.? We don't really use the fireplace, but want an updated look for the room.
    1 Answer
    Unfortunately, any available fronts or optional accessories for this model have been discontinued for quite some time.
    Will M.
    on February 13, 2017

    from Boise, Idaho asked:
    January 4, 2017
    I am trying to buy a glass frame holder for my gas fireplace. I have part number 13376I.
    1 Answer
    Unfortunately, I was unable to locate information on your unit based on the model number provided. If you could, please provide a picture of your fireplace's data plate.
    Brennan W.
    on January 5, 2017

    from Fort Mill, SC asked:
    January 1, 2017
    I'd like to replace the shiny brass surround and screen on our fireplace with a new black one. We have new gas logs (replaced some that were very old). The current surround has glass doors and a hood. I'm not sure of the exact inside measurements, but the opening seems to be around 48" wide and 32" tall. I am not sure if the glass doors are necessary, but the man who installed the logs said we really needed the hood because of the heat output. I would like your guidance in what product you'd suggest for our needs. I've attached a picture.
    1 Answer
    To replace the surround and doors, we would need to know the opening height and width of the fireplace without the doors and surround. However, please note that any replacement enclosure we would offer would also include doors, which should always be left in the fully open position when gas logs are in operation. We would not offer any optional surround without the doors, but could offer an optional enclosure hood to fit over the door assembly, much like what is already in place. The only other alternative would be to simply sand, clean and paint the existing enclosure and hood with any of the High Temperature Stove Paint & Fireplace Paint we offer.
    Will M.
    on January 2, 2017

    from Utah asked:
    November 30, 2016
    How do I find sizes of the openings?
    1 Answer
    The surrounds we carry do not have opening sizes listed, as they are meant for specific models of inserts.
    Brennan W.
    on November 30, 2016

    Heidi Gage
    from Baltimore, MD asked:
    November 21, 2016
    I'm looking to put a wood insert into a 71" (w) x 51" (h) fireplace.
    1 Answer
    Unfortunately, we do not offer custom surrounds. This is something you will likely need to have fabricated locally.
    Brennan W.
    on November 22, 2016

    from Stamford, CT asked:
    October 8, 2016
    We have a fireplace with the following dimensions: 30.5" W X 27.5" H X 15" D. We would like a ventless gas insert. Do you have any models that would fit this opening?
    1 Answer

    from Burlington, VT asked:
    March 2, 2013
    How do I determine what size face to purchase?
    1 Answer
    The fireplace facings and surrounds that we carry are all intended to be used with specific models of fireplaces and inserts. You will definitely need to know that manufacturer name and model number of the fireplace to determine what parts will work with the unit. There should be a build tag or sticker with the unit, either just inside the opening at the left or right side, or in the void space beneath the firebox floor.
    Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional
    on March 4, 2013

    Refine by
    Shipping Options
    Sign Up for our Newsletter

    Let Our Experts Design
    Your Venting System


    Find the Right Gas Logs
    For Your Fireplace

    Sign-up for our Email!
    Enter your email for new arrivals and special offers.