Free shipping
Low Price
View Cart

    Gas Fireplace Keys and Valves

    Even with the highest quality products, you will need to update the parts of your gas fireplace eventually. Getting a new gas fireplace key or fireplace gas valve has never been easier than with eFireplaceStore. Keep your fireplace safe and efficient with our wide variety of fireplace gas shut off valves and gas valve keys, all for the lowest price!
    Browse Fireplace Keys

    Having a fireplace means taking a little time to keep it in working order. After sitting unused during the warmer months, fireplace experts recommend performing necessary preventative measures. Look at the overall structure of your fireplace as well as the fireplaces accessories. For example, check on the condition of fireplace valves and fireplace keys; make sure they have not been lost. Consider reading our article on
    Fireplace Maintenance for additional information, or contact one of our NFI certified technicians.

    Articles You May Like...

    Fireplace Keys Q&A with the NFI Certified Specialists

    * Please Note: All customer questions are answered by our NFI Certified Specialists free of charge!
    18 Questions & 18 Answers
    Deb K.
    from Nebraska asked:
    November 8, 2019
    Where can I find a ProCom Heating T-Stat Control 161130-01 for a Ventless Fireplace Model FBNSD400T-ZC?
    1 Answer
    We do not offer any ProCom replacement parts. 
    Submitted by: Will M. on November 8, 2019

    from Texas asked:
    October 25, 2019
    Do you have a gas valve wall plate that has a 3/4" NPT male thread? The valve in the wall has a 3/4' female thread for the wall plate. 
    1 Answer
    While we do not have any male threaded escutcheons, please make sure that the female threads you mention aren't simply a removable pipe fitting used to extend a more common female threaded escutcheon to a male threaded valve. This is common practice when the valve sits too far below a floor or behind a wall for the escutcheon to reach.
    Submitted by: Will M. on October 28, 2019

    from Martinez ,CA asked:
    September 28, 2019
    Where can I get an antique brass fireplace key 12 inches long?
    1 Answer
    Unfortunately, we do not carry a 12" antique brass fireplace key. We apologize for any inconvenience. 
    Submitted by: Brennan W. on September 30, 2019

    Paul J
    from Dripping Springs, TX asked:
    May 26, 2019

    Do you have an extra long floor / wall plate, either in nickel or chrome finish?

    1 Answer
    We only sell standard plates/covers.  We recommend contacting local plumbing supply houses for possible availability.
    Submitted by: Tyler M. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on May 28, 2019

    from Woodland Hills, CA asked:
    February 28, 2019
    I need a 6" fireplace key. Do you have this size?
    1 Answer
    Unfortunately, we do not carry a 6" key.
    Submitted by: Brennan W. on February 28, 2019

    Teri G
    from Los Angeles asked:
    February 21, 2019
    If the key is on the wall can I use a plate that is called a "floor plate"?
    1 Answer
    A floor plate will indeed work if the valve is in the wall.
    Submitted by: Brennan W. on February 22, 2019

    from san diego asked:
    February 14, 2019
    Do you have any universal fireplace keys in a 5- or 6-inch length?
    1 Answer
    Unfortunately, we do not have any universal keys in that length.
    Submitted by: Brennan W. on February 14, 2019

    from WA asked:
    July 16, 2018
    Is there more than one size for gas fireplace keys?
    1 Answer
    We offer valve keys in 3", 8", 12", 18" and 24" lengths.
    Submitted by: Will M. on July 17, 2018

    from Atlanta, GA asked:
    April 18, 2018
    What is the shortest key you sell?
    1 Answer
    3" would be the shortest valve key we carry.
    Submitted by: Owen O. on April 19, 2018

    from Bend, OR asked:
    February 6, 2018
    Can a valve be installed outside facing up? It seems that water or debris could cause some sort of an issue?
    1 Answer
    You can indeed install one upward, as the key normally pushes out any water that can build up. You will want to make sure, in an outdoor application, that you're using a stainless steel valve assembly.
    Submitted by: Brennan W. W. on February 7, 2018

    Lester L
    from NY asked:
    January 9, 2018
    1 Answer
    To turn the key valve ON--simply turn the key to the left (counter-clockwise) until it stops.
    Submitted by: Kelsey C. on January 9, 2018

    from IL asked:
    November 8, 2017
    How can I tell what type of key is appropriate?
    1 Answer
    You will want to measure the hole in the plate that the key will enter and match the key up accordingly.
    Submitted by: Brennan W. on November 8, 2017

    from NV asked:
    May 24, 2017
    I have a fireplace valve in my floor, 6 inches from fireplace. I have had a new carpet installed and they covered it over. Is it an issue to leave it covered?
    1 Answer
    It will absolutely be an issue if the manual valve has been covered, as this has to be accessible in the event of an emergency.
    Submitted by: Will M. on May 24, 2017

    from Hammond, IN asked:
    November 27, 2013
    Should the keyed valve on a brand new gas fireplace installation be a ball or globe valve?
    1 Answer
    Either can be used and they have their own unique advantages and disadvantages. A ball valve is easy to turn on and off, as it only has a 1/4 turn effort, but it is not ideal for trying to control gas flow to a fireplace, as there is little adjustment and they tend to whistle. A globe valve is able to be adjusted for flow, as it takes 5 to 6 turns from fully open to fully closed. However, this can be tiresome if you are only using the valve as an on/off shutoff. Globe valves also tend to wear out more quickly than ball valves.
    Submitted by: Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on November 27, 2013

    from Los Angelos, CA asked:
    September 4, 2013
    Is there an extender available for our recessed gas valve?
    1 Answer
    This is a common issue that we run into with recessed gas valves, an unfortunately, there is not an extension sleeve that is made for this purpose. However, most gas valves use a standard 3/4 N.P.T. pattern and a male to female adapter in this size can be used to extend and connect the valve and cover.
    Submitted by: Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on September 5, 2013

    from TN asked:
    April 10, 2013
    Can I safely remove my valve floor plate myself?
    1 Answer
    The floor plate/escutcheon is a purely decorative piece that can be unthreaded and then rethreaded without an issue. It has no direct contact with the seal in the gas valve, so a gas leak will not be an issue.
    Submitted by: Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on April 10, 2013

    from Kansas City, MO asked:
    February 26, 2013
    Can these be mounted in the wall next to the fireplace?
    1 Answer
    Yes, our valves and covers can be installed in a wall next to the fireplace.
    Submitted by: Tyler M. - Fireplace Specialist on February 26, 2013

    from California asked:
    December 13, 2012
    Are the keyed gas valves are certified / compliant?
    1 Answer
    The maker of the Dante gas valves does have a certification for their products. As such, the Dante valves on our site will carry the CSA certification, which is usually the required certification for use in California, Massachusetts, and Canada.
    Submitted by: Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on December 13, 2012

    Need Help?
    Refine by
    Shipping Options
    Accessory Type
    Sign Up for our Newsletter

    Find the Right Gas Logs
    For Your Fireplace

    Gas Log Calculator Gas Log Calculator
    Back to Top
    Sign-up for our Email!
    Enter your email for new arrivals and special offers.