When installing a wood stove into a mobile home, the following criteria must be met:
1. The stove must be specifically listed by the manufacturer for use in a mobile home.
2. Your local code enforcement agency must allow installation of a wood stove into mobile homes.
3. Outside combustion air must be provided to the stove. This must be by means of a sealed duct from the outside wall or crawlspace, directly to the back of the wood stove.
4. The stove must be anchored to the chassis of the mobile home. This is to prevent movement if the mobile home is relocated.
5. The stove must be electrically grounded to the chassis. This is to prevent damage, should lightning strike the metal chimney.
Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional
on May 7, 2014