Free shipping
Low Price
View Cart

Stove Gaskets and Adhesives

Ask & Answer
Ask a Specialist
By Tom on November 9, 2012
I have a Vermont Castings resolute completely apart and need cement for reassembly of the basic floor, walls, and top components (basic box.) It appears that A.W. Perkins High Temperature Furnace Cement #40 would be suitable. Do you have it in smaller quantity than 12 packs? You also have Rutland 78e cement in tubes: which would be the preferable product? I have located the door and griddle gaskets I need on your website but have not seen that you have any 3/16 gasket material. I need about eight feet of this. Do you have it available?
on November 9, 2012

We do carry furnace cement, by Rutland Fire and Clay company, in individual tubes. These can be viewed here: Furnace Cement Given the nature of your project, these caulking gun style tubes would probably be the most manageable to work with. I am guessing this unit is cast iron. If so, this type of furnace cement is the best for assembly. The only 3/16" gasket material available is this product: Gasket Rope This is an ovalized stove window gasket, but it may suit your needs. Please let me know if I can assist you further.

A deteriorating gasket can lead to leaks of both heat and combustion gases that can reduce your stove's efficiency and reduce the quality of your indoor air. Replacing a gasket is easy. Gasket material comes in a variety of diameters, and you must choose the right size gasket rope and the appropriate adhesive for your model of stove. Gaskets are made from graphite-impregnated fiberglass and come in both white and black to match the finish of just about any stove.
Refine by
Shipping Options
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Home About Us Contact Us Customer Service Order Status View Cart Fireplaces Fireplace Inserts Wood Stoves Gas Logs Mantels Fireplace Accessories Chimney Products Outdoor Fireplaces