Free shipping
Low Price
View Cart

Stove Pipe

Installing a stove properly is impossible without the proper stove pipe. That's why we offer every style, size, and finish of stove pipe and stove pipe components available at great prices. Make the job as easy as possible and get it done right the first time by getting the right stove pipe for your home before starting a stove installation.
Related Articles
Ask & Answer
Ask a Specialist
See all 111 Products
See all 64 Products
See all 8 Products
By Arthur from Richmond, VA on September 10, 2013
I have a six inch chimney line kit. I need an adapter for the wood stove which has a six inch pipe inside diameter in back, to connect to the six inch pipe from my kit. What should I use?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on September 11, 2013

In order to make the connection from the liner to a stove, a connector such as the HomeSaver UltraPro 6 inch Connector-Adaptor with Band is needed. The tapered end of the adapter will press into the stove and can be screwed in place, while the banded end will attach to the liner.

By John from Mays Landing, NJ on January 6, 2016
I'm looking for an 8" wood stove multi-floor double wall chimney kit. It will be coming from the basement through the floor then through ceiling and then the roof. I need 16' of double wall pipe. Can you help me?
By Chris C. on January 7, 2016

We can indeed help in planning the chimney system and providing all necessary components. Please visit our Chimney Pipe Design & Quote Form for a formal quote and plan to be built.

By Ludwig Benko from Arcata CA on August 29, 2013
I need the interior ceiling jack support for a 10 inch double wall chimney and a reducer for 10 inch to 8 inch pipe.
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on August 29, 2013

I will be happy to look into the cost of these components. Because the ceiling support boxes are brand specific, I will need to know the manufacturer name of the chimney pipe you have. Is the 10 inch measurement the inside or outside diameter of the pipe? Is the reducer needed for single wall stovepipe below the box or are you needing to change the diameter of the chimney above the box? Please advise at your convenience.

By Catalin from Clarkston, MI on December 11, 2014
I need an anchor plate to connect this Napoleon 6000 to the flexible stainless steel pipe that is 8 inches and the outer diameter of the insert is 8 1/4. What would you suggest?
By eFireplaceStore on December 12, 2014

For connection to the chimney in a masonry application, a liner appliance adapter should be used. A product like the HomeSaver UltraPro 8 inch Connector-Adaptor with Band will work well. It is recommended to apply a layer of furnace cement to the adapter before installing it. A product like the Rutland Pre-Mixed Black Furnace Cement - 10.3 Ounce Cartridge can be used.

By Glen from Lenore, ID on December 27, 2015
I have a metal shop building with a 4/12 roof pitch and I need 6" OD stove pipe to vent through my roof. Could you help me find the right items that I'll need?
By Will M. on December 28, 2015

Please answer the questions asked on our Chimney Pipe Design & Quote Form and you will receive a comprehensive list of components required for installation.

By David from NC on January 19, 2016
Can I use single wall stove pipe up to my ceiling and then an adaptor to transition through the ceiling to double wall Galvanized chimney pipe in my attic space, before using Stainless Steel double wall chimney pipe outside? Also, do you sell these items?
By Will M. on January 19, 2016

Please answer the questions asked on our Chimney Pipe Design & Quote Form and you will receive a comprehensive list of components required for installation.

By Jim from Gardiner, MT on October 17, 2015
I am building a masonry heater and need a simple 8" 90 degree elbow to transition from an 8" clay chimney tile to an 8" hole in a masonry wall. What would you recommend?
By eFireplaceStore on October 19, 2015

For this type of application, I recommend using a product like the Selkirk 304-Alloy Heat-Fab Saf-T 90 Degree Elbow - 8 inch Diameter. This stainless steel elbow would be suitable for use in conjunction with masonry. The ends may need to be crimped before installation, depending on the true diameter of the masonry.

By Robin from Bloomington, IN on November 18, 2013
I have a Jotel 602 and I need an adapter from a 4 1/2" to 6" pipe. Can you help me?

By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on November 19, 2013

The closest adapter that we carry is the Snap-Lock Black Steel Stovepipe 5-Inch Male to 6-Inch Female Increaser, which tapers down to 4 3/4 inches on the male end of the adapter. It is possible to crimp the male end further if needed.

By Dalene from FL on August 24, 2015
I had a wood burning stand alone fireplace removed and now I have a 9 1/4 inch in diameter black hole in my ceiling. Is there such a thing as a cover that would this size opening?
By Will M. on August 25, 2015

I would recommend filling the support box with fiberglass batt insulation and then covering the opening with an appropriately sized Tee Cover as there is not a plug made specifically for this application.

By Paul from Lancaster, PA on October 22, 2013
Is there an adapter that I can use to connect my 6" pipe from the woodstove to a terracotta pipe that leads into the chimney? The terracotta pipe has a 10 inch inside diameter and a 12 inch outside diameter. Also, on the inside of the pipe at the bottom is a lip that sticks up.
By Chris on October 22, 2013

The Security Double-Wall 6-Inch Black Stovepipe to Masonry Chimney Adaptor would work for such an application, however this component is only compatible with Security single wall stove pipe.

By Jonathan from Glenmoore, PA on November 18, 2013
I'm replacing a wood stove with a pellet stove in the basement which is not finished. The outlet for the exhaust on the pellet stove is 3" and the previously used thimble, through the block wall to the lined chimney, is 6". Questions:

1. Is it necessary to use "double wall" flue pipe in the basement where there are no combustibles near?

2. How do I make the transition from 3" pipe to the 6" thimble?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on November 19, 2013

Every type "L" pellet vent pipe I have come across uses double wall construction. This is not necessarily for clearance purposes, but rather, the pipe has a twist lock attachment method. The overlapping inner and outer walls ensure that the exhaust will not leak from the pipe. Because pellet exhaust is under positive pressure, this is necessary. The pipe also has a stainless steel inner wall, which will far outlast the galvanized single wall pipe that is offered.

We do carry an adapter that can be used to connect pellet pipe to the thimble, but it is only available in 4 inch. Thus, the vent system would need to be sized up. The adapter is the Dura-Vent PelletVent Pro Flex Pipe Trim Collar - For Vent Pipes with a 4 Inch Inner Diameter.

By Don from ID on November 4, 2015
What is the easiest way to insert a 3" flexi-pipe through a 4" existing stove pipe. We have pulled out a gas fireplace and are putting in a pellet stove.
By Chris C. on November 4, 2015

It would be easiest to drop the 3" liner from the top of the existing system down to the appliance, as this allows gravity to do most of the work for you. Some installers will use a puller which a rope can be tied to allowing the liner to be pulled down from the top of the chimney system as well.

By Fred from Frisco, CO on January 20, 2013
I need 12 inch diameter stove pipe, 24 or 36 inches long. The top outside measurment is 12 inches, the bottom of the stove pipe inside measurement is 12 inches. Where can I get one?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on January 21, 2013

While we do offer Class A chimney that has a 12 inch I.D., the largest stovepipe we carry is 10 inches in diameter. I am unaware of a company that currently manufactures single walled stovepipe in excess of 10 inches in diameter. I apologize that I am unable to suggest an item for your needs.

By Alan from Sarasota, FL on October 8, 2013
Do you make a 5/8 flex flue for a Monesson fireplace?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on October 8, 2013

Unfortunately, we do not offer flexible piping for a 5/8 venting system for Monessen fireplaces. However, depending on the model of the unit, it may be able to use a reducer that would allow 4/7 flex venting to be used.

By Wayne from Jackson, MS on February 19, 2014
Is a connector or adapter needed for Heat-Fab 6" stove pipe to connect to a 6" wood stove flu to prevent leakage? It seems Duravent pipe needs one. If not, what is the difference? If yes, what is the item number?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on February 19, 2014

Heat-Fab does not manufacture a separate stove adapter as Duravent does. While the Duravent adapter is certainly handy, it is essentially just a short section of pipe with a crimped male end to attach to the stove. Heat-Fab advises that a pipe crimper must be used to crimp the end of the pipe for attachment to the stove.

By taylor from Pahrump, NV on October 20, 2012
Do you have a stove pipe adapter: 8 inch to 3 inch?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on October 22, 2012

Unfortunately, we do not have a reducer that can span this much difference in diameters. Anything that is more than 2 inches will most likely need to be custom fabricated, as it is not recommended to reduce or increase most stovepipe more than the 2-inch standard.

By Peter from Washington, DC on July 11, 2014
I am looking for a 10 inch black pipe of 9 foot length as a decorative cover for my 8.5 inch chimney.

Do you have that in full 9 foot length, or possibly in three pieces of 3 foot each?
See attached photo for what the pipe would cover.
By Chris C. on July 11, 2014

I would suggest utilizing lengths of theDura-black 10 Inch Diameter x 24 Inch Long 24-Gauge Welded Black Stovepipe or the Dura-black 10 Inch Diameter x 12 Inch Long 24-Gauge Welded Black Stovepipe to act as a decorative cover around the chimney pipe shown in the photos.

By Chris from Fayetteville, GA on July 11, 2014
Is there an adapter that I can use to connect my 6" pipe from the woodstove to a terracotta pipe that leads into the chimney? The terracotta pipe is 10" x 10".
By eFireplaceStore on July 11, 2014

Typically, a short run of single walled stovepipe is routed into the chimney or thimble, before being terminated into a liner.

By John Scritchfield from Tyler, Texas on October 30, 2012
Why can't I find a thimble for 6" wood-burning stovepipe for a standard 2" x 4" garage wall to exhaust to the outside? Like a dryer vent cap.
By Tyler M. - Fireplace Specialist on October 30, 2012

The thimbles we have are meant to house Class A chimney pipe as it passes through an exterior wall into a tee. For example, please see the 6" DuraTech All-Fuel Chimney Pipe Wall Thimble.

Please note that for a wood-burning stove, the Class A chimney pipe must run through the wall, into a tee, then up to at least three feet above your roof line.

By Dorian from NY on September 19, 2015
Do you have a stove pipe adaptor to connect a MetalBestos SSII 6 inch pipe to a MetalBestos SSII 8 inch pipe?
By Will M. on September 21, 2015

While there will be increasers available with stovepipe, this will not be the case with class A chimney. Once rising flue gases have exited the room and entered the chimney system, increasing the chimney diameter would cause the velocity of these gases to slow, increasing residence time and promoting the buildup of creosote.

By Hector from NJ on November 10, 2014
Do you have a 10" to 6" stove pipe reducer?
By eFireplaceStore on November 11, 2014

We do not carry a reducer of this size. Typically, reducing by more than 2 inches will cause the fireplace or stove to overdraw by quite a bit, leading to overheating of the appliance and potential damage to the unit. As such, I do not recommend attempting such a large reduction.

By Steve from Ashburnham, Massachusetts on September 23, 2013
I removed a back vented wood stove that was vented through brick into a tile lined chimney. The problem is that the hole in the brick is a square that's 8 1/2" high and 8" wide. Some type of heavy metal does line the opening. My guess is that I'm going to need some type of thimble to go through that for the new stoves which recommends 6" pipe. Do you have any ideas on what to do?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on September 24, 2013

There are a couple of ways you can proceed with your installation. Given that you are passing through a brick wall, clearance to combustibles is not so much of an issue. A piece of single wall stovepipe could be used and passed through the opening, supported by steel spacers to keep it centered. This could simply be sheet metal that is cut to size and slid onto the pipe before inserting it through the thimble. The space remaining between the pipe and the thimble could be covered by a large trim collar or mortar.

It is also possible to use a product such as the Selkirk DSP Double-Wall Black Stovepipe Masonry Adaptor - For Wood Burning Stoves, which can pass double wall or single wall stovepipe through the thimble and includes a trim collar. As with the single wall, it will need to be supported.

By Ann from Brownsville, OR on June 2, 2014
I bought a house that has a napoleon wood stove and the chimney. The stove and chimney are new and have not been used, I do not know what pipe I need to hook it up. The distance between the bottom of the chimney ring to the top of the ring on the stove is 6.5 feet. I am thinking about double wall pipe. It is a straight shot from the stove to the chimney. I am enclosing a picture of the stove and the chimney. I was thinking about telescoping pipe. Not sure if I need adapters in the chimney and stove to connect the pipe and maybe a damper. Both openings are 6 inches. What do you think?
By Chris C. on June 3, 2014

A telescoping section of double wall stove pipe would be ideal as the double wall pipe greatly reduces your clearances over single wall pipe. However, in order make the proper recommendation, is there any way to find the manufacturer of the chimney pipe in the space above the ceiling, or above the roof line? If there are no data codes, or stickers attached to the pipe that are out of site, a photo showing the section of pipe coming through the roof with the rain cap removed can sometimes provide excellent information just based on appearances. A photo showing a close up view of the twist lock components would be the most helpful if no other means of identifying the chimney are available.

By John from Alburg, VT on September 13, 2014
I can't seem to find the section for an 8 inch pipe that goes through the wall even if it is insulated or not. Do you carry that specific size pipe?
By eFireplaceStore on September 15, 2014

Usually, the section of a Class A chimney pipe that passes through a combustible wall is no different from the rest of the system, however a thimble is used to maintain proper clearance to combustible framing. If you are passing 8 inch single wall stovepipe through a wall, a specialized insulated thimble is needed, such as the Heat-Fab Insulated Saf-T Stovepipe Wall Thimble - For Stovepipe with 7-Inch and 8-Inch Diameters. It is only advisable to use this thimble to pass the pipe through a combustible wall and into a masonry chimney. Single wall stovepipe does not weather well outdoors and cools rapidly, leading to drafting issues and excessive creosote buildup.

By dan from Copperopolis, CA on October 31, 2012
My wood stove has 10" output and the stove pipe is 6". Do you have an adapter?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on October 31, 2012

Unfortunately, the largest reducer we carry will only adjust sizing by 2 inches. It is recommended not to undersize a stove outlet more than 2 inches, as a further decrease can cause the stove to overdraw and burn through its fuel supply very quickly. This will also cause superheating of the flue gases, which can cause rapid deterioration of your chimney pipe as well.

By Steven from Cadiz, OH on March 17, 2015
I recently purchased a Homesaver 8" stovepipe shield from How close to the ceiling box can this shield be installed? Can it be installed right against the box or should there be some kind of gap?
By Brennan W. on March 17, 2015

You can indeed run the shield all the way up to your ceiling support box.

By Pete from Knoxville, TN on October 29, 2013
I have a wood stove in the basement, a brick chimney lined with a flue tile, and a screened rain cap on top. When the wood stove is not in use and is cold, cold outside air comes down the chimney through the stove and into the basement. The basement smells like burnt wood.
Do you sell a damper I can install in the 6" stove pipe (connecting the stove to the chimney) to stop cold air from going into the stove and then into the basement? I am trying to get rid of the burnt wood smell.
By Chris on October 29, 2013

If you have a single wall 6" diameter stovepipe, I would recommend the Dura-Vent 6 Inch DuraBlack Stovepipe Adaptor with Damper Section.

By Ozzie from California on January 9, 2014
When you transition over from 6'' single pipe from a support box to double wall pipe, what is the diameter of pipe going through the roof using a Duravent system?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on January 9, 2014

If you transition to DuraTech chimney pipe (double wall), the outer diameter would be 8 inches. If you transition to DuraPlus (triple wall), the outer diameter would be 10 inches. Either system will work the same and have the same clearances, but some municipalities require the use of triple walled chimney pipe. Duraplus would be the product to use in that case.

By Murray from Regina, Canada on October 29, 2013
My local fireplace store has told me that they would not sell me a single piece of 6" single wall pipe because their brand is not the same as the rest of my pipe and that by mixing two brands of 6" single black stovepipe my fire insurance would be invalid. But they would be happy to sell me an entirely new pipe system. Does mixing pipe manufacturers invalidate insurance?
By Chris on October 29, 2013

While different brands of 6" single wall stove pipe may fit together well, the local supplier is correct in advising that insurance will be invalid if two different manufacturers of pipe are used within the same system.

By Brenda from Minneapolis on December 7, 2012
I'm looking for a pipe that will connect from a 10-inch and oval opening down to a 8-inch or 6-inch. Do you have something like that?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on December 10, 2012

Unfortunately, we do not carry an oval adapter that will match these size requirements. As oval adapters become more difficult to find, it is often necessary to have a custom adapter fabricated by a local sheet metal shop.

By Kevin Brown from New Jersey on November 21, 2012
The chimney opening is 8" X 15.5" oval. The flue collar on the stove is 6". Is there an adapter or a way to adapt?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on November 21, 2012

Unfortunately, there is not a way to adapt this size flue collar to the oval chimney. By code, it is possible to extend your round, single wall stovepipe into the chimney and have it terminate at the first clay flue tile.

However, I recommend lining the entire chimney with a 6-inch stainless steel liner for better performance, as the chimney opening is too large for this stove. I

By Brian from Rutherfordton, NC on October 30, 2013
I'm trying to find a transition piece for a buck stove 14" x 4" rectangle to 8" pipe. The old one is falling apart. Can you help me?

By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on October 30, 2013

We do carry cast iron boots for connection from a rectangular opening to a round liner. An example of the 8 inch size you would need is the HomeSaver Cast-Iron Insert Boot for 8 inch Chimney Liner.

By Chris from Brookhaven, NY on October 13, 2014
If you put two of your 6" single wall stove pipe 45 degree elbows together, how far does it offset the pipe? I'm trying to come up with a solution to the enclosed diagram, that can easily come off and on for cleaning. Is it possible that a 28" section of pipe that offsets 4 3/4", can then use a 6" clamp on the collar to secure it to the ceiling box? Also, how do I offset 4 3/4"? Will two 45 degree elbows work?
By eFireplaceStore on October 14, 2014

A pair of 45 degree single wall 6 inch elbows yields 4 1/2 inches of offset. You should be able to lean the vertical run of pipe just a bit more to gain the 1/4 inch of additional needed.

For your installation, you should be able to use a stove adapter, a pair of 45 degree elbows, a 12 inch length of pipe, and an adjustable slip connector. The slip connector will allow you to remove the run easily for cleaning.

By Kevin from WA on October 29, 2014
Is a 8 inch, 22 gauge stove pipe suitable for an open wood fire?
By eFireplaceStore on October 29, 2014

Open chamber wood burning fireplaces must be vented with a listed Class A chimney pipe that is approved for the unit. This is usually a double walled air cooled chimney or solid insulated double or triple wall chimney.

By Steven from OH on January 28, 2014
I have just purchase a home that had a gas fire place at some time. I want to install a pellet or wood burning stove. I have an 8" pipe chimney running from the ceiling through the second floor and out the roof. It looks to be aluminum. How do I determine if the chimney will support a pellet or wood stove? How do I determine what I have in the home already?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on January 28, 2014

Aluminum gas vent piping cannot be used for any appliance that burns biomass, as the aluminum cannot deal with the increased temperatures and corrosive byproducts. I recommend inspecting the outer wall of the piping for any manufacturer stickers or stamps. Producers usually stamp their brand name and product line into the outer wall or affix a label with this information.

By Bernie on November 9, 2012
I'm looking for a pellet stove 4" adapter to a 6" black stove pipe.
on November 9, 2012

While we do not carry a specific 4- to 6-inch pellet stove to stovepipe increaser, we do have a piece that could serve this purpose. Please see this item: PelletVent Chimney Adaptor This adaptor will work with 4" PelletVent Pro pipe and 6" DVL (double-wall) stovepipe. We sell all these components, please let us know if you have any questions about them.

By Kevin on November 9, 2012
I have a wood stove with 5/30 inch sections of Hart & Cooley double wall chimney pipe. Is there a brand of chimney pipe that will connect to H&C pipe or must I purchase the same brand? I need 2/45 degree and maybe two more 30-inch sections.
on November 9, 2012

Brands of double wall chimney pipe are not interchangeable, due to the proprietary locking tabs found on the ends of the chimney pipe. Further, we do not currently carry Hart & Cooley chimney components. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

By Bruce from Shoreham, NY on March 26, 2013
I'm trying to decide between a woodburning insert or a small wood, or pellet stove that could use my chimney and sit on the hearth. Which is my best option?
By Tyler M. - NFI Certified Specialist on March 26, 2013

If you have a masonry/brick fireplace, you can install a woodburning insert. To see our full selection, please see below:

Wood Burning Fireplace Inserts

All of our models require a 6" diameter stainless steel liner to be connected to the insert, run up the entire chimney to the top. We do also offer freestanding wood stoves and pellet stoves, which you can see below:

Wood Burning Stoves

Pellet Burning Wood Stoves

These models would also require venting to run up your existing chimney.

By Rebecca on November 9, 2012
I am installing a wood stove in my basement (daylight-finished) and want to use regular stovepipe up to and as close as I can to the ceiling for maximum heat gain in the large family space. According to the Maine state fire marshal's guide, with proper protection on the ceiling that would be 9" away from the ceiling, at which point I transition to an insulated pipe like metalbestos and go through the ceiling/floor, then through 8' of living space in the first floor den, through the den's ceiling and into 6' of attic space and out the 12/12 pitch roof very close to peak so up about 2-3' for code and draft requirements. My question is, what brand of insulated pipe would work best for my needs, in your opinion? I can go down to my local hardware store and buy all metalbestos stainless, see how your prices compare, or perhaps another option is better. The biggest reason to use that brand is that we already have a 4' piece (8" ext/6" interior I believe-by eyeballing it) and a dripless adapter, so it might be most economical to be able to use those pieces. What do you think? Price is a major concern but I don't want the house to burn down either! Also both ceilings are flat and I want to minimize how big a hole I have to cut through, clearance with insulated pipe is 2", if I remember correctly, so that would work well. Any thoughts on brands you like best and parts list with total price?†
on November 9, 2012

We would be happy to formulate a couple of quotes for you, but we do need just a bit more information from you. First, can you please advise on the flue collar for your stove. Is it 6" diameter round? Is it on the top of the stove or in the rear? Next, please provide approximate distance from that flue outlet to the ceiling in the basement. All of your other measurements should suffice to provide an approximate cost for the parts you need. Finally, please reply with your shipping ZIP code to ensure availability. We look forward to your response.

By Frank on November 9, 2012
I am looking for 4" stove pipe. My application is for a diesel fired gravity fed heater, so wood stove pipe is ideal. Do you sell this?
on November 9, 2012

Unfortunately, the only 4" pipe that we carry is specified for gas or pellet usage.

By Kyle on November 9, 2012
I have a 9 inch single stove pipe that I need to replace just one section. Is that something you can get? Or is there double wall pipe that has a 9 inch outside diameter? Or maybe a transition peace that goes from 8 to 10 that would work?
on November 9, 2012

Unfortunately, we have zero 9" offerings. If you have 9" pipe currently, it is recommended to stay with that diameter of pipe. It is not advised to increase or decrease from existing pipe.

By Ken from Voluntown, CT on May 21, 2014
Do you carry 5" single wall stainless steel stove pipe and fittings?
By eFireplaceStore on May 21, 2014

Unfortunately, the manufacturer of single wall stainless stovepipe that we work with only offers it in 6 and 8 inch diameters. The closest product we offer is a rigid liner system that can be crimped to work like traditional stovepipe. An example of this product is the Selkirk Heat-Fab 304-Alloy 36 inch Saf-T Liner - 5 inch Diameter.

By Bob on November 9, 2012
How do I transition from Clay flue to 6" (or larger) stove pipe? The clay flue is: 8" x 12" outside dimension and 6" x 10" inside dimensions.
on November 9, 2012

While we do not offer any components to transition from your clay flue to single-wall stovepipe, we do offer some for going to a double-wall Class A chimney pipe. You would use an anchor plate that would be installed on top of your masonry chimney, after you have cut the tile down flush to the opening. The anchor plate can be found here: Anchor Plate The pipe that goes with this anchor plate is here: Pipe This pipe has a 6" inner diameter and a 8" outer diameter. It has a 1" ceramic blanket for insulation, a stainless inner wall and a stainless outer wall. We also have the storm collar and cap for this pipe, which are here: Storm Collar Cap

By Roger on November 9, 2012
Iím trying to locate 10Ē black single wall stove pipe. Can you help?
on November 9, 2012

We do indeed stock some 10" inner diameter single-wall 24-gauge black stovepipe. Please see the link below for the 24" length of this pipe: 24 inch stovepipe.

By Donna on November 9, 2012
We have a 45 year old contemporary freestanding fireplace that has an 8" stove pipe. It is currently on a base about 6" off the floor. We'd like to remove the base and have it sit on the floor. How do we find out which kind of pipe we need to get to extend the current one?
on November 9, 2012

The first thing to check would be to see if there are any identifying markings on the fireplace or the pipe itself. In many cases, there is a manufacturer tag or build plate that was attached to the fireplace that contains model information. There might also be a stamp on the pipe that has a part number.

By Dave and Jody on November 9, 2012
Why canít we find a 7-inch draft regulator?
on November 9, 2012

The difficulty with locating this product is mostly due to the fact that 7" diameter stovepipe has become very uncommon. Due to the lack of demand for this size of stovepipe and the increasing scarcity of barometric dampers in general, our suppliers simply do not offer this size any longer. I sincerely apologize that I do not have this product to offer.

By David on November 9, 2012
I am removing my old fireplace and replacing it with a wood-burning stove insert. I was wondering what kind of pipe I need inside the chimney, and how far up will I need to go with the pipe?
on November 9, 2012

The type of pipe you will need will depend on the model of the fireplace. You can also fill out our Chimney Pipe Design and Quote Form.

By William on November 9, 2012
What is a HT listed chimney? I have an Energy King zero clearance fireplace that requires a 6-inch HT listed chimney.
on November 9, 2012

"HT" listed chimney is simply Class A chimney pipe listed for use for "high temperature" exhaust, hence the "HT." We recommend using the DuraVent DuraTech double-wall Class A chimney pipe. You can see all of our Class A chimney pipe here: Class A Chimney Pipe. If you are interested in getting a full chimney system quote from us, please fill out this form: Chimney Quote Form.

By Ozzie from California on January 5, 2014
Can you use 6'' black pipe single wall with double wall that is the same size and color? If you use single wall black pipe 24 gauge with a cover shield, what is the wall clearance needed?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on January 6, 2014

While they will technically push together, it is not recommended to mix single and double wall piping. If a heat shield is used with single walled piping, the clearances can be safely reduced to 12 inches.

By Steve Barbera from Napoleonville, LA on February 27, 2014
I recently refurbished a gas stove and the connection in the top of the hood is rectangle measuring 3"X10". What do you have to transition from rectangle to round? I am interested in the single wall black stove pipe which will vent through a chimney.
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on February 28, 2014

Typically, rectangular opening are not seen on gas stoves, but you should be able to use the same adapter boot that is used for wood burning models. The boot is the HomeSaver Cast-Iron Insert Boot for 6 inch Chimney Liner. The boot can be used to adapt to single wall chimney liner or stovepipe.

By George from Spokane, WA on September 19, 2013
I am replacing a fireplace with a pellet stove. I have removed the fireplace and it has an 8" double wall pipe (12" OD with an 8" ID) that exits through the roof. I don't want to do any roof work so how do I go from a 4" pellet stove pipe to a 12"?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on September 19, 2013

There are some adapters available that will allow you to size up a 4 inch pellet pipe to a larger chimney, but compatibility of the adapter will depend on the brand of the chimney you have. If you are able to provide the brand and product line, I will be happy to check. This information is usually stamped on the pipe or located on a sticker.

If the adapter is not an option, the other route to pursue would be to run a 4 inch pipe or liner within the chimney. The entire chimney enclosure can remain in place and the liner or pipe supported at the top of the existing chimney pipe.

By Mary from TX on July 24, 2013
We are replacing a fireplace with a triple wall flue pipe with a wood burning stove that needs 6 inch diameter pipe. Is there any way to reduce the current flue to fit the stove pipe or do we need to replace the chimney? Which type of stove pipe is required?
By Tyler M. - NFI Certified Specialist on July 25, 2013

Your new stove will needs its own dedicated chimney system. You will need 6" diameter stove pipe (single- or double-wall) in the room with the stove, and this will be converted to double- or triple-wall class A chimney pipe at the ceiling by use of a ceiling support box or round ceiling support. If you would like a full quote with everything needed, please fill out our Chimney Pipe Design & Quote Form

By Pat from MA on December 16, 2014
My double wall stove pipe extends above a dormer by the required 2 feet. Because of the extra height, I am now in need of a brace to stabilize the pipe from the wind. The dormer is approximately 4 feet away and the pipe has an 8" diameter. Rather than secure the pipe to the roof, I would like to attach it to the Facia board on the dormer. What do you recommend?
By eFireplaceStore on December 17, 2014

The best product to use will be the DuraTech All-Fuel Extended Roof Support Bracket - For Chimney Pipes with a 6-Inch Inner Diameter. The telescopic legs are normally designed to attach to the roof decking to support tall chimneys, but it is not a problem to swivel the legs horizontally and attach the bracket to the adjacent fascia board. The legs of this product collapse down to 67 inches as it comes from the factory, but it is not a problem to trim the legs down further to meet your 48 inch requirement. The bracket is designed to work with the 6 inch Duratech product line, which has an 8 inch outer diameter. As such, it will fit any pipe with an 8 inch outer diameter.

By Colby from Brevard, NC on February 16, 2013
Do you know the heat rating on Imperial stove pipe?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on February 18, 2013

Per the manufacturer, this line of piping does not carry a specific heat rating. However, they did indicate that the product is designed for use with Class A, non HT types of chimneys, which have a 1700 degree heat rating.

By Harold from Animas, New Mexico on February 17, 2014
We have a wood fireplace insert and a ceramic lined chimney. We'd like to put stove pipe up through the chimney. I have inserted 6 inch pipe down to the damper area. I need a 5 inch flex pipe to go down through the dog-legged damper area. What do you suggest?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on February 18, 2014

Typically, flexible piping is used for the entire run of the chimney, as the liner will be stainless steel and will be much more durable than standard stovepipe. However, it is possible to use a short length of 5 inch pipe and make the connection to stovepipe with an increaser. The shortest length we offer is the HomeSaver RoundFlex 304-alloy Chimney Liner - 5 inch x 5-ft..

Another option is to use a 6 inch flex liner and ovalize the bottom portion to fit through the damper and smoke shelf area. The liner can then be rounded out to attach to the appliance. This will eliminate the need for adapters at either end.

Refine by
Shipping Options
Product Type
Diameter / Size
Wall Type
Sign Up for our Newsletter

Let Our Experts Design
Your Venting System


Find the Right Gas Logs
For Your Fireplace

Sign-up for our Email!
Enter your email for new arrivals and special offers.
Home About Us Contact Us Customer Service Order Status View Cart Fireplaces Fireplace Inserts Wood Stoves Gas Logs Mantels Fireplace Accessories Chimney Products Outdoor Fireplaces