Valcourt Buyer's Guide
For over 60 years, Valcourt products have exuded innovation and excellence. Brothers Auguste and Lucien Valcourt began their journey to success through the creation of intricately made wrought-iron balconies and stairs. The quality of these products was only outmatched by the creativity of the Valcourt brothers. In 1992, after slowly introducing fireplace doors into their product line, Valcourt released its first wood fireplace: The Manoir.
- Valcourt Logo
Fascination with the appliance quickly turned into an obsession to imitate it, though no one came close to matching its sophistication. Valcourt continued to dominate industry innovation as it produced the first guillotine fireplace named The Antoinette. Wrangling the growing conflict between fireplace efficiency and environmental safety, Valcourt created the largest fireplace on the market meeting EPA standards in 2015.
By 2020, innovation and quality became synonymous with the Valcourt name, leaving their customers with the assurance they are a brand you will love and trust.
In an effort to help you dig through the many quality fireplace models Valcourt sells, we have compiled a list of their best sellers. We split them into two categories, Wood Burning High Efficiency and Wood Burning Decorative, for ease of review.
Wood Burning High Efficiency models:
- Wood Burning Lafayette Model
The Lafayette model has a single door opening with a customizable faceplate that combines efficient heating technology with classic elegance. At 80,000 BTU max output, you would think this appliance might not be good for the environment. Though, this model adheres to strict EPA standards that make it a very clean source of heat. It is recommended to use dry cordwood for the most efficient and environmentally friendly burn.
The Mundo II
- Wood Burning Mundo II Model
If you are looking for a sleek, modern fireplace, look no further than The Mundo II. This noncatalytic and EPA certified model is safe yet strong in the ways of heating your home. It pushes a powerful 80,000 BTU output while also managing a very low particle emissions rate. Because of the power of this appliance, a hot air gravity kit is required to maintain tolerable heat levels for the area surrounding your fireplace.
- Wood Burning Waterloo Model
This beauty is almost as nice to look at as its name is to say. The unique style of The Waterloo combines with high efficiency to make one beautiful piece of machinery. If the aesthetics weren't enough, a large glass viewing door opens to a massive burn space made to heat large, open rooms.
With 95,000 BTU output, you won't be getting cold anywhere near this thing!
Wood Burning Decorative:
- Wood Burning Antoinette
Let's take a moment to swoon over this understated beauty. Lady A features a classic, elegant style that blends in with any living room decor. Though The Antoinette is special, you have to take a closer look to see everything she has to offer. This model features the first, ever, glass guillotine door introduced into the fireplace industry. It slides upwards for easy access to feed your fire as well as adds a bit of flair to surprise your guests. A fire screen hides in the surface of the appliance and can quickly be pulled down to take the place of the glass door.
The Antoinette qualifies for phase II of the EPA's program that focuses on reducing particle emissions, making it burn 70% cleaner than most decorative wood fireplaces.
- Wood Burning Frontenac
The Frontenac is a fireplace you can't miss. This is the largest model in the entire Valcourt line. It features a beautiful glass guillotine door with a matching fire screen that disappears underneath the hearth. If you want power and a performance, you need the Frontenac. This model is BIG, so you won't miss a single second of the ambiance and warmth of a crackling fire.
As a bonus, this model surprisingly qualifies for Phase II of the EPA's program that focuses on particle emissions reduction. So, while you are enjoying an unobstructed view of massive flames and heat, you don't have to worry about hurting the environment in the process.
The Saint Laurent
- Wood Burning Saint Laurent
An unexpected twist on the typical box-shaped fireplace Americans have come to know, The Saint Laurent is among a new breed of hearth products. The sleek lines and rectangular shape create an understated yet surprising look for this appliance. It features the trademark glass guillotine door and guillotine firescreen Valcourt buyers adore. The large opening lends to easy loading and enhanced viewing pleasure. You will love The Saint Laurent!
Things you need to know before buying
Which one is right for my home?
- making a decision
It's hard deciding between so many quality options, right? Well, let us make it a little easier for you by going into more detail about modifications and how each fireplace complements a different aesthetic.
- Lafayette – If you're looking for a fireplace to add style to an understated room, this model is for you. The Lafayette is not one to hide in the corner, its beauty must be put on display for all to enjoy. It comes with five different faceplates, so you can customize the appearance however you'd like. This is a great choice for people who want more than warmth and ambiance, and also need a little style!
- Mundo II – If you need a powerful heater without an overpowering appearance, The Mundo II is the choice for you. Featuring a simple black metallic finishing trim as the only customization option, this model is one of the most simple in the Valcourt line. The sleek lines lend to a modern look that keeps the focus where it should be, on the beauty of the flames.
- Waterloo – Do you want a fireplace with pizzazz and power? Then, The Waterloo is your guy! You certainly won't have to skimp on style or strength when you choose a Waterloo. I mean, why have one, when you can have both! This beautiful model, with four customization options, will have you feeling like royalty in no time. It's up to 95,000 BTU output, it is powerful enough to heat up to 2,800 square feet. Everyone in your home will rave about the Waterloo.
- Antoinette – Our dear lady Antoinette is very classy and understated. If you want something simple, that will blend in with your decor, without overpowering the room, this is the design for you. Simplicity is key with The Antoinette.
- Frontenac – This showstopper aims to impress. The Largest model in Valcourt's line. The big but sleek design allows it to blend in beautifully with a classic mantel or neutral-toned room. With several options for paneling and trim, you can enjoy a powerful fire and elegant style.
- Saint Laurent – It is unexpected with a clean, rectangle shape. The Saint Laurent wows with a huge firebox and guillotine door made to load mounds of wood and heat up to 1,000 square feet. Thanks to its unique shape, if flames are what you want to see, you can enjoy them from all angles.
Options for Customization
- Types of Mantels
This buyers' guide wouldn't be complete without letting you in on all the little details that make these appliances so wonderful.
- Lafayette – This model comes with five different louver options. Just FYI, the louver is the space right above the door on the faceplate. These lovely details can be made in classic, arabesque, urban, mission, or crown detail. If you want to get real fancy, you can also add a black or brushed nickel door overlay. What more could a person ask for?
- Mundo II – While the Mundo is strong in power, it's weak in modifications. The only feature available for adjusting is the finishing trim. And that's only available in black metallic.
- Waterloo - If the standard Waterloo isn't beautiful enough in itself, you can always add on 60' or 72' washed cedar or tavern brown mantel. The basic Waterloo model does not have options for different faceplates. Though, the arched model is capable of being made with a classic, arabesque, urban, or mission style faceplate.
- Antionette – Because the Antoinette is made to be elegant and understated, it does not have as many customizable features as one might like. You can choose from classic or contemporary brick refractory panels along the back of the firebox. Also, you can modify the trim by selecting the masonry trim or narrow overlap options.
- Frontenac – The Frontenac doesn't need much added to it, because the firebox is so big, the glory of the flames speaks for itself Though, you have the freedom to pick from classic, contemporary, or herringbone brick refractory panels in the firebox as well as an arched or straight trim.
- Saint Laurent – To keep with the sleek look of The Saint Laurent, it comes with two modifications for the trim; narrow or masonry. If you'd like, you can also add 60' or 72' washed cedar or tavern brown mantels for an extra splash of fun!
Standard shipping with efireplacestore.com is always free! Standard shipping includes curbside delivery. The driver will deliver it at the end of your driveway and not be involved in unloading, set up, or clean up. If you need help beyond that, you can choose to ship with a higher rate that includes assistance.
Note: Inspecting for damage is always your responsibility. Make sure you unwrap the appliance and look for issues before you allow the driver to leave.
At this point, I think you know all you need to know to make a choice on which Valcourt fireplace is right for you. With so many wonderful options, I know one of them is bound to be a great fit. If for some reason, you are still undecided and need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our NFI certified techs anytime.