Finding a good fireplace is hard work, and it's a significant investment. Obviously, you want a hearth appliance that will work whenever you need it. There are a number of brands out there and even more products. One of the most trusted of those brands is Majestic. With a Majestic gas fireplace, you can't go wrong.
In business for more than a century, Majestic crafts fireplaces for performance and reliability. In this article, we're going to give you the low down on everything Majestic. When you're done, you will know if this brand is right for your home.
Who Is Majestic?
The Majestic Company formed in Michigan in 1894. For more than 125 years, Majestic has built quality products to heat and add value to your home.
Majestic began by making coal and oil furnaces. In the 1930s, the company moved into the fireplace market and hasn't looked back.
- The Majestic factory in 1907
Over the years, Majestic has made creative strides in the hearth industry. In 1954, the company produced the first zero-clearance, pre-fabricated fireplace. In 1977, they pioneered a heating system that moves warmth through the home via the ductwork. Majestic is always leading the charge in search of the next big innovation. In 2017, Majestic created a linear fireplace that allows you to mount a TV above it without a mantel.
Always moving forward, always making durable, reliable products, is the Majestic way.
Majestic's Cutting Edge Technology
When it comes to fireplace brands, Majestic stands out from the rest, thanks to the innovation and technology that goes into its products. Majestic has three core types of technology incorporated into its appliances: the Intellifire system, direct vent power venting, and its heat management solution. In the section below, we'll cover some of the Majestic fireplace parts and technology.
- Intellifire - Majestic crafts this system to make operating your fireplace safe and easy. Intellifire is an advanced ignition system that monitors the flame to ensure it stays on and stays safe. Intellifire can also be programmed with a remote or wall switch to make operating your fireplace simple. Majestic is working its way into making the Intellifire system standard on all its units.
- Majestic Intellifire standard and thermostatic operating system
- Vent Technology - Majestic's venting technology improves the performance of the fireplace while also keeping the home free of exhaust fumes. One of the innovations Majestic has pioneered is its Power Venting, which lets you install a gas fireplace nearly anywhere in the house. Power Venting is flexible, versatile, and small enough to vent exhaust from any spot you decide. It has a low profile, which gives you even better performance.
- Heat Management Solutions - Majestic has many solutions to help solve the loss of heat you can experience when using a fireplace. With a Majestic fireplace, you can control where the heat from a gas fireplace goes into the home. This lets you run the fireplace for longer during the day and throughout the year. Certain heat solutions enable you to place a TV above the fireplace without a mantel. One of the most popular heating solutions is Majestic's zone heating. When you use zone heating, your fireplace will heat only the spaces in the home you spend most of your time. This saves money on energy and fuel.
Majestic is the most award-winning brand in the fireplace industry. A Majestic product is highly efficient, beautiful, durable, and reliable. Below we will go over the types of Majestic fireplaces the company makes, their positives as well as some drawbacks to keep in mind.
- Traditional Gas Fireplaces - A traditional gas fireplace possesses the look without the hassle of handling, seasoning, and cleaning wood. Majestic crafts gas fireplaces to be reliable, look great and work year after year. Installation can be tough, though. You'll need to make sure you have a gas line available or have one installed before bringing in a gas fireplace. Better yet, hire a professional.
- Majestic Quartz Gas Fireplace
- Linear and Contemporary Gas Fireplaces - If you want something a bit more modern, Majestic has a line of linear gas fireplaces that will boost the look of any home. Made under the same standards of quality as its traditional gas fireplaces, you can bet a Majestic linear unit will keep you warm for a long time. Much like Majestic's line of traditional gas fireplaces, you will have to have a gas line installed. A linear unit can be installed almost anywhere; however, that will require some remodeling, depending on where you put it.
- Majestic Echelon II 36-Inch Linear Gas Fireplace
- Multi-Sided Gas Fireplaces - See-through or multi-sided models are some of the best looking fireplaces Majestic makes. Made with quality materials that last for years, a see-through fireplace will elevate the look of not only a room but of a home. A multi-sided fireplace looks great, but you have to make sure you create the space for it. Plan ahead so that installation isn't a headache.
- Majestic Echelon II 48-Inch See-Through Linear Fireplace
- Gas Fireplace Inserts - An insert is a great way to transform your old unused fireplace into an inviting, warm space again. Majestic's gas fireplace inserts are easy to install, too. Many options can pop in with less than a day's work. A gas insert replacing your old wood-burning fireplace will not create the same heat output you had before, so keep that in mind.
- Majestic before and after fireplace insert installation
- Wood Burning Fireplaces - When you want the authentic experience, nothing does it better than a wood-burning fireplace. Majestic makes wood-burning fireplaces in both contemporary and traditional styles to fit any home aesthetic. Remember to clean up after your fire. While a wood-burning fireplace gives you more heat than a gas-fueled fire, there is a bit of maintenance that goes with burning wood. You have to season the wood and find a place to store it.
- Majestic Biltmore 42-Inch Radiant Wood-Burning Fireplace
- Outdoor Fireplaces - Majestic makes its outdoor fireplaces in both gas and wood-burning varieties. Go traditional or linear; the choice is yours. Outdoor fireplaces are a great way to turn that outdoor space into the gathering area you've always wanted.
- Majestic Montana 36-Inch Outdoor Stainless Steel Wood Burning Fireplace
- Electric Fireplaces - They have virtually no cleanup, no mess, and they make installation a breeze. Electric fireplaces can fit in any space to give you the warmth you're looking for. Plug it in and go, that's how easy it is to start warming your home with a Majestic electric fireplace. Electric fireplaces do not have the same heat output like gas or wood-burning fireplaces, however. Look to an electric fireplace as more of a supplemental heating source rather than the primary heating source.
- Majestic linear electric fireplace
The Top Sellers
Majestic has many products to choose from, but only a few remain at the top of the charts year after year. Here are the top sellers in the Majestic fireplace lineup.
- Biltmore Series - This series of wood-burning fireplaces are a popular choice among people looking for a full view unit. The Biltmore comes in 36, 42, and 50 inches and features an integrated smoke chamber. This chamber eliminates the need for a metal smoke shelf that you see at the top of many wood-burning fireplaces. Another popular choice among Biltmore owners is the ability to make it look like a masonry fireplace.
- Echelon II - Used among architects and designers because of the sterling reputation, Echelon II is the successor of the popular Echelon series of gas fireplaces. These direct vent linear fireplaces output a tremendous amount of heat and come in 36, 48, 60, and 72-inch widths. Echelon II is sought after because of its incredible heating ability and beautiful flame appearance. If you're looking for a modern gas-fueled heat source, look no further.
- Quartz Series - When you want something versatile, this popular line of fireplaces is the way to go. Majestic's Quartz line of fireplaces can work a log set when you want a traditional look, or it can go contemporary with fire glass and stones. The burner can accommodate any look without compromising the flame appearance. This series also works great with Majestic's power venting system we mentioned earlier. That means you can put a Quartz fireplace nearly anywhere in the home and vent it safely. It's that power of choice along with the excellent heat output and venting configurations that make a Quartz fireplace a popular pick.
Common Majestic Questions
- Woman with question mark poster covering her face
Before owning any heating appliance, there are a ton of questions that go through one's head. It's understandable. It's a significant expense, and there are always considerations to make when bringing in an appliance that makes fire into the home. It's only prudent to dot all the I's and cross all the T's. In this section, we will look at some of Majestic's most frequently asked questions.
Who do I contact if I have a problem with my unit?
- Majestic recommends you contact your local dealer. The company you bought your Majestic unit from is the best source of information. eFireplaceStore.com is a Majestic dealer and can answer any questions you may have regarding your unit. Our support staff is NFI certified, knowledgeable, and up to date on the latest Majestic units. Feel free to call us at 1-800-203-1642.
Why isn't there a phone number where I can reach Majestic customer service?
- Because Majestic does not sell directly to the customer, Majestic uses its dealer network to sell and provide information to its consumers. Dealers like eFireplaceStore.com can handle any Majestic questions you may have.
Can an outside source influence the operation of my remote control unit?
- Yes. Other electronics that use the same RF technology, like a garage door opener, can influence the operation of your hearth product. On your transmitter and receiver, you'll find a dip switch. Change those settings, and your conflicting signal problem should be fixed.
What size stove do I need?
- Choose a stove based on the square footage you need to heat. Calculate the square footage, including ceiling height and stairwells. Also, determine if you want supplemental heat or continuous heat. The more wood the stove holds, the more heat it can output. Stoves with a 1000 square foot rating are small, 1500 is medium, 2000 is large, and 2500 is extra large. For more information, check out our wood stove buyers guide.
What is the best way to store firewood?
- If you have the time and space, it's best to split the wood and store it outside away from the house. Put the wood in a dry area and covered up to protect it from rain and insects. This is seasoning, and the process takes anywhere between 12 to 18 months. Yes, that's a long time, but the results speak for themselves. Properly seasoned wood burns faster and cleaner. You get heat fast and a cleaner chimney.
The mantel above my fireplace is hot. Is this a fire hazard?
- This is normal. Your mantel should be made of non-combustible material like marble, clay, brick, stone, or ceramic tile. These are safe materials to surround your factory-built fireplace. If your mantel is made of combustible materials, it should be installed per the manufacturer's instructions and your local building codes. For more on mantels read our handy buyers guide!
- Majestic Castlewood Radiant Wood Burning Fireplace
There you have it. Everything you ever wanted to know about Majestic. The company has a history behind it. They've been crafting innovative products for multiple lifetimes. The fact that they are still around is a testament to their quality. An investment into a Majestic fireplace adds value to your home, but at the end of the day, it's up to you to determine if that investment is worth it.
If you have more questions, feel free to contact one of our NFI certified professionals at 1-800-203-1642. And look at our fireplace buyers guide for even more information.