Free shipping
Low Price
View Cart

Direct Vent Pipe

Direct vent pipe is a venting option that uses a coaxial system (a small pipe within a larger pipe) to both vent exhaust gases and draw air from outside the home to aid combustion. Direct vent pipe offers very high efficiency and is great for newer, air-tight homes. Consult a qualified installer, and if direct vent pipe is what you need, you'll be sure to find the perfect pipe for your installation here in our direct vent pipe store.
Related Articles
Ask & Answer
Ask a Specialist
See all 107 Products
See all 11 Products
See all 29 Products
See all 4 Products
See all 34 Products
See all 22 Products
By Senaid from San Jose, CA on August 8, 2014
I was wondering if you could tell me if you sell a 2 story vent kit with a cap that goes straight up for the Napoleon LHD45?
By eFireplaceStore on August 8, 2014

Napoleon offers 4 x 7 flex venting in up to 10 foot sections. Multiple sections can be coupled together for longer installations. We also offer rigid venting that can be configured to your exact needs. If you would like to advise on the overall footage, as well as the pitch of the roof, I will be happy to generate a quote.

By Chris from VT on November 4, 2014
Does the Empire DV55ELP wall heater come with a venting kit? Is there anything else that I need to purchase to install it?
By eFireplaceStore on November 4, 2014

This model does indeed include the through the wall venting kit as standard. No other components need to be purchased with it.

By Steve from Andrews, Indiana on November 6, 2013
I have a Vanguard direct vent fireplace (model VT32P) and I need to purchase vertical vent pipe. The manual says that it requires a 5 x 8 system but the true measurements of the actual pipe are a bit less than that. Is your direct vent pipe comparable with my fireplace?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on November 7, 2013

This product does indeed use the FMI brand 5 x 8 direct vent piping system, which does measure out to be slightly smaller in practice. The products can be seen here. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the components.

By Anne from Fairfield, Iowa on January 6, 2014
Can the Dura-Vent DirectVent Pro Snorkel Vent Termination Cap be painted?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on January 9, 2014

Per the manufacturer, this item is approved to be painted with any high temperature aerosol paint. We carry an extensive line of paint manufactured by StoveBright that can be used. It is advised to wipe down the snorkel with a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar to remove any excess machine oil, prior to painting the unit.

By Deirdre from Butte, MT on February 8, 2014
I have a direct vent gas firepace (Majestic DVR33). What do I need to go through a wall thats thicker than most, maybe 13 inches? I need to know the pieces I need to vent it, from the rear of the fireplace to the termination cap.
By Chris on February 9, 2014

If the unit is flat against of the wall, I would suggest one of the following venting kits that include all of the necessary components to safely vent the fireplace through an exterior wall to a horizontal termination.

7TBRHTK Twist Lock Horizontal Hot Touch Rear Vent Termination Kit - For Vent Pipes with a 4 Inch Inner Diameter
Up and Out Flex Vent Starter Kit - For Direct Vent Appliances that Require 4 Inch x 7 Inch Vent Pipe

By Phil Fraser from Reading, PA on November 5, 2012
I have a propane forced air heater from a mobile home that I would like to install in my garage. I need to run a chimney pipe out of my roof. The roof is not insulated and it is a direct shot right to the roof, no ceilings to go through or anything like that, so I can run a direct pipe up through my roof.

What do I need as far as a roof thimble and other parts to make the transition through the roof?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on November 6, 2012

Generally, you would only require a fire stop, roof flashing, storm collar, and cap to make the penetration through the roof. However, this will depend on the type of heater. Most forced air heaters will use B vent piping between 3 and 6 inches in diameter.

By Teresia from Kansas City, Missouri on December 12, 2013
Can the Majestic 42 inch Echelon Wide View Direct Vent Gas Fireplace (WDV500PTSC) which has a dedicated top vent be converted to a side vent? If so, how and what do we need to purchase to do this conversion?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on December 12, 2013

Unfortunately, this model does not have provisions to be converted to a side vent model. This is primarily because the design and BTU output of the unit warrants a 12 inch vertical vent run, before the vent piping can be directed horizontally. This is fairly typical of the larger horizontal units.

By Brandon from Birmingham, AL on December 13, 2012
I have a gas ventless fireplace that measures 39" across the front. There is a cantilevered chase but it does not extend to the roof line. It is effectively useless because whenever you fire it up, it fills the house with stink. I want to replace it with something vented. What are my options?
By Tyler M. - Fireplace Specialist on December 14, 2012

If you have a full-bodied zero clearance vent-free fireplace, you can remove it and install a direct vent zero clearance fireplace. Please see our selection here: Direct Vent Fireplaces

Most of these fireplaces can be vented and terminated horizontally (some straight out the back). For more information, please see our Gas Fireplace and Stove Buying Guide.

By Tom from Gray Court, SC on December 28, 2014
What size direct vent pipe is required for an OXDV30NV gas heater?
By eFireplaceStore on December 29, 2014

This unit can be vented with either the Monessen/Majestic 4 x 7 direct vent pipe or Simpson Duravent GS series 4 x 6 5/8 inch pipe. The Monessen brand components can be seen under our Direct Vent Pipe section. You can then select the "Monessen" brand from the side bar on the page. If using the Simpson Duravent brand, the DirectVent Pro Gas Vent Pipe is the product line to use. The Dura-Vent DirectVent Pro Vermont Casting Stove Vent Pipe Starter Collar must be used in order to utilize the Simpson Duravent piping.

By James Burbidge from Bancroft, Ontario on November 28, 2012
I need to bend a 4x7 coaxial flexible aluminum direct vent pipe into a 90 degree elbow. I am concerned about kinking the pipe and about maintaining the correct clearance between the pipes as I make the bend(s). What is the best technique for creating a good elbow?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on November 28, 2012

The best way to accomplish a clean bend in the pipe would be to use a piece of 4- or 5-inch diameter PVC piping to form the bend around. I recommend using a pair of clamps to hold the inner pipe against the side of the outer pipe. You can then work that side of the outer pipe around the piece of PVC gently, until you have the desired bend. Remove the clamps and reinstall any provided spacers.

By Dan from Denver, CO on April 8, 2013
I'm replacing an old insert with a new Kozy unit. the old unit exhaust exited out of the top of the unit into a double wall pipe that went up two stories. The combustion air supply is a 3" flex that pulled from a different source. Is there an adapter that will fit into the new unit and allows for the exhaust pipe to go in one direction, while the combustion air is piped in from another pipe?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on April 9, 2013

I am not aware of such an adapter that is currently being made. Usually, direct vent piping uses a colinear pipe, with the outer pipe drawing fresh air into the unit for combustion. Units that do not have this sort of setup will usually use a separate 3 inch or 4 inch duct that draws air from another source, similar to what you have now. The new unit may have a similar provision.

By Richard from Woodward, OK on October 2, 2013
I am looking at the Tahoe DVP-48-FP91N. What size pipe does it take?
By Tyler M. - NFI Certified Specialist on October 2, 2013

The 48" Empire Tahoe DVP48FP91N direct vent fireplace can use the DuraVent DirectVent Pro pipe with a 5" inner diameter and an 8" outer diameter.

By Steve from Lakehurst, New Jersey on August 15, 2014
I just purchased 2 fireplaces from you and they both require an open disk flue restrictor. Are they supplied with the units? If not, I cannot find them on your site. Can you help me?
By Chris C. on August 15, 2014

The flue restrictor is included with both fireplaces on order. When installing the fireplaces with a horizontal termination as it seems you will be doing, the center rib will be removed from the restrictor disc as outlined on page 20 of the owner's manual.

By Dennis from Cape May, NJ on December 8, 2013
I purchased a Vantage hearth fireplace. I did not purchase venting at the time because I wanted to get a more accurate measurement for the venting requirements. Are any of the angle products (like 90 or 45 degree elbows) adjustable similar to duct work, or are they fixed? If they are fixed, does FMI make a flexible 5 x 8 vent or is there a compatible product available? I may have a tricky situation in my attic.
By Tyler M. - NFI Certified Specialist on December 9, 2013

The rigid elbows for the FMI pipe required for your Vantage Hearth model are indeed fixed and not adjustable. FMI does make flex vent available for the 5" x 8" system, however it is only meant for use in a horizontal termination.

By Mike from Fremont, WI on November 21, 2013
How far through the roof does the pipe have to be for a direct vent fireplace on a pitched roof ?
By Tyler M. - NFI Certified Specialist on November 21, 2013

The distance required above your roof line is determined by the manufacturer of your direct vent appliance and the requirements stated in the owner's manual. If you do not have access to that information, please reply with the manufacturer and model of your unit and we can research this for you.

By Tom Zentz from L'Anse, MI on October 6, 2014
I bought a used Vermont Casting propane stove that is a direct vent. The model #DV750L Prop and the serial # GA183880. The dealer here in Michigan says they don't make the pipe for this older model. I want to vent it vertically. Do they still make this pipe for the stove cap? Also, Do you have this pipe? I believe the pipe has a 4 in inner pipe and a 6 5/8 in outer pipe.
By eFireplaceStore on October 8, 2014

After speaking to the manufacturer, it appears that this stove was not produced by Vermont Castings. However, literature with this model number was found, stating that Aladdin Hearth Products was the producer of this item. I do see that they mention the use of Simpson Duravent GS, which is a 4 x 6 5/8 inch vent system. As such, this is likely the same appliance.

The Simpson GS is still available, however the literature mentions that a collar extension is necessary to make the flue pipe connection. I do not have access to this extension and Simpson does not offer an anchor plate that can be used in place of it. I apologize for the inconvenience.

By Andrew from Canada on October 20, 2013
I have an older CFM Majestic propane fireplace Model D222. I am looking for a termination cap and through wall thimble. Can you help?
By Collin C. - NFI Master Hearth Professional on October 23, 2013

Per the manufacturer, the D222 uses the same 4 x 7 Majestic pipe that is being produced currently. As such, the kit you need is the Monessen 7TRVCT Horizontal Cool Touch Direct Vent Pipe Termination. This kit includes the vent termination, wall firestop, and the siding shield necessary.

By John from Boston, Ma on March 10, 2014
I have a Vermont Castings direct vent gas stove that I need to vent. The pipe size coming off the back of the unit is 4 x 7. I am having a tough time finding pipe for this setup. Is this an odd size?
By Chris on March 10, 2014

Your Vermont Casting Stove will likely use either Majestic or Monessen 4" x 7" direct vent pipe which can be found on our website here. Select the "Monessen" option listed on the left hand side of the page to view the individual components we offer.

Refine by
Shipping Options
Product Type
Diameter / Size
Wall Type
Sign Up for our Newsletter

Let Our Experts Design
Your Venting System


Find the Right Gas Logs
For Your Fireplace

Sign-up for our Email!
Enter your email for new arrivals and special offers.
Home About Us Contact Us Customer Service Order Status View Cart Fireplaces Fireplace Inserts Wood Stoves Gas Logs Mantels Fireplace Accessories Chimney Products Outdoor Fireplaces